Tom Sherwood
I leave for Ghana in four days. Crazy. Its kind of a weird feeling, because it is just a semester at school.. so I should be used to packing my stuff up and being away for four months. The difference this time, is that it will be four months 6000 miles away in a foreign country.

For most of the summer it has still seemed like more of an idea, rather than a reality. I would talk about it, but it did not seem like it was actually going to happen. But this past week I started getting all the things on my packing list and getting suitcases out, etc. On Thursday we decided to do a practice pack. I honestly did not think it was all going to fit. We packed all my clothes and hadn't even touched the other things I had to bring (sunscreen, etc), and the suitcases looked like they were over half full. But surprisingly it all fit with a little room to spare! Both of my suitcases are under 40lbs, so I have some room to bring stuff back.

I have some final little things here and there I need to do before I leave, but I am pretty much set. So on Tuesday my family and I are driving up to Grand Rapids, and then on Wednesday I am meeting up with the group at Calvin. They are going to shuttle us over to Detroit to catch a flight to Frankfurt, and then we are going from Frankfurt to Accra, Ghana!
Labels: edit post
0 Responses