It was hard to get up this morning. I’m still a little out of it- I think mostly because we’ve had busy (early!) days and not a lot of time to recover from jet lag. The orientation today was kind of dumb- a lot of it was either basic freshman stuff, or it did not apply to us. We stayed til lunch, but afterwards it was the same people that talked to just the Calvin group yesterday. And they were talking about the same thing. So our group went to the market outside the main gate to look around. Ben got a coconut from the guy out there. After we finished drinking the juice the guy made three huge cuts in it and then three smaller cuts in between the others. He then gave it back to us and explained that the smaller cuts made spoons and then we broke it apart on the lines of the bigger cuts. So it split the coconut into three parts, each with a spoon to eat the inside. It was really cool.. but the coconut itself was kind of weird. The only way I can describe it is that it reminded me of seafood (which is why I didn’t like it). It was just wet and slimy. Then we went to Pills and Tabs, which is kind of like a Walgreens next to the market. Its a little expensive, but its a nice store. Bonjour was right next to it, so we also went in there. It has a pizza place, a store, gas station, ice cream shop, and chicken place. Afterwards we went to the bush canteen to look around at stuff. It was pretty fun. I’m still trying to adjust to the food. Its a lot of oily sauces and rice. Patrick, Ben, and I all got some papaya earlier this afternoon and ate it. It was pretty good. We are going to try another internet café before dinner, it is closer, but I think it might be slower. It has been really hard to not have a phone these past few days- I am so dependent on mine. I use it as an alarm clock, a watch, and calendar- along with the normal phone part. So I really have no sense of time as I did not bring a watch or clock. Fortunately Ben did and has been graciously waking Patrick and me up. We have church tomorrow morning and then most of the day free- so hopefully I can really catch up on sleep and be ready for the week. Found out that ISH 1 has an internet café in it, so we are going to check it out, hopefully it is ok.
